Move Like an Animal - The Book
From The Desk of Edward Barrera
If you’d like to heal, recover, and get back out there in life with a comfortable body (you can count on), this can be the most important book you’ll ever read.
Please, Read This Disclaimer:
Many people looking for relief have heard what their doctors have told them. Some people have been married to traditional medicine. Pumping chemicals into their body.
This book is definitely without question an alternative to that.
Please understand my results are the result of a long term journey into the brain-body field.
I have the benefit of practicing the brain-body connection and neurophysiology (how the nervous system works) for over 20 years with people and 30+ years in myself.
Here’s the deal.
The system I outline in this book is working great for me (a former chronic pain/fibromyalgia sufferer), and I believe it can help you, too.
But I’m not suggesting that everyone (or anyone) who reads it is going to fully resolve chronic pain, stiffness, tension or stress.
The average person who buys any “how to” information gets very little results. My information is based upon an educational system of health and well-being.
Your results will vary and depends on many factors… including but not limited to your current personal circumstances, past or historical health concerns, and physical activities.
Health and well-being can have perils and can be both art and science as well as a consistent effort and action. If you’re not willing to accept that, please DO NOT GET THIS BOOK.
With that said… let me jump right in and show you…
Exactly What You're Getting
First of all, this isn’t like most any health or exercise book you’ve ever read.
This has to do with how you feel, how to change it - with a battle-tested natural human ability that is working right now (and for eons too).
And since this about you and how you feel, this is about your journey.
Straight up, practical advice (initially counter-intuitive) you can use and experience in the course of an afternoon.
And It’s About MORE Than Just Getting Out of Discomfort.
See, you can use this same system in this book to help the brain-body age well and be in control of your well-being.
For example, I’ve used this same system to heal, recover and compete (and win) at state and national competitive events.
People have used the same strategies in the book to maintain life-long comfort.
- The Animal Secret to Moving Well on page 1. Hint. It is not stretching. Strange, I know ; )
- Relax & reset back to comfort. See page 2 for the 3 step act. Plus, you’ll get to experience it too!
- See page 4 for what animals actually do to regain length.
- The brain switch to help you restore the length of muscles on page 4.
- How to be limber and remain agile the animal way. See page 5.
- Why sleep does not reset muscle tension. See what does on page 9.
- More powerful than a hot tub. See the reset button which lets us feel more relaxed on page 11.
- See page 12. How to unlock tension, stiffness and pain.
- Can you be arrested for being a proprioceptive illiterate? See page 21 for what indicators the proprioceptive police are headed to your door? Yikes!
- Go to page 22 to see what makes exercise or recovery difficult? And how our energyis affected.
- Instead of fighting pain. How to dissolve it is revealed on page 24.
- Recover, renew and restore back to comfort. See page 25 for a much different way than regular exercise..
- On page 29, How getting back in the comfort zone with easy, gentle movement is the reverse of most approaches. Once learned, it can be done quickly.
- The most important step to undo tension, stiffness and pain is on page 38.
- See page 43, The one key movement to feel better now.
- How to get back to states of well-being. Move comfortably for life covered on page 43.
- On page 45. How we can refresh our nervous system to clear out the gunk.
- Why range of motion is not the big deal. And what is the bigger deal on page 46.
- Page 55 covers what’s the right and wrong way to do this.
- How to age well on page 56.
- What handheld devices, sitting too much and other frightening events do to our bodies. See page 67. And what you can do to remedy that.
- Can palms facing backwards while we stand be a good thing? How we adapt around certain compensations on page 68.
- How our everyday experiences can shape us to keep it together. And how we can reverse engineer what regular exercise would have us do on page 70.
- What positions in lying down to go to sleep help us for the long run on page 71. + these will help us remain as flexible as any cat.
- If we slump when we sit. Why straightening up may not be the best thing to do. What to do instead on page 72.
- What is the best chair? And why? See page 72.
- How to sit comfortably for hour (or more) on page 84.
- Stress. On page 87. You can have as much as you want. It’s a matter of hitting this reset button.
- While the exercise world may focus on doing more crunches for the core. We do what seems to be counterintuitive and far easier. Plus all the healthy animals in the world do this. And so can you on page 89
- See Chapter 8 for What you can do for Oops, Falls, Strains, Accidents and Trauma.
- What a squirrel falling out of tree taught me about recovering from falls or trauma. And how we all can do the same on p.108.
- Why trauma can hold on for years on page 110. Learn how to “unlock” it.
- On page 111. That stitch in the side or waist. Or a cramp can let go without ever stretching.
- Hobbling around? Discover the walking game to un-hobble and straighten up on p.128.
- Want to recapture our childlike feelings of freedom? See page 131 to go back into our more youthful ways of moving without all the hard effort..
You’re right… this is a lot of battle-tested health and well-being strategies. And it’s stuff that nobody else can share with you because nobody else is doing it.
But it gets better because you’re also getting …
A Paint By Numbers System to Begin Your Journey Out of Pain and Rid Stiffness, Tension and Recover from Injury Fast Too!
To start. You’ll be getting a 3 part plan.
Each one is for a particular posture or circumstances.
You’ll learn where to start and what to do - with a plan suited to you.
This simple but effective method has been giving me pain relief and freedom from stiffness for years, but only those who know about it are telling their friends!
The best part of this is that it’s …
Specifically Designed for People (Who’ve Tried Everything Else) including but not limited to Doctors, Drugs, Surgeries, Stretching, Regular Exercise, Other High Performance Methods, Yoga, Pilates, etc.
Listen. If you don’t like the results you’ve been getting, you’re not alone. I couldn’t stand not finding a solution or something that I’d love doing.
And that’s why I’ve spent decades learning and practicing with this system.
When you use, two things will happen.
First, you’ll be of honest-to-goodness help to everyone you use it with. They’ll come away from the experience with mostly feeling more relaxed and perhaps surprised at rediscovering our natural human animal birthright to feel good.
The next thing you’ll notice is this:
You’ll Know How to Connect the Dots to Ease & Relieve Tension, Stress or Stiffness
And you’ll do it without meds, supplements, icing, taping, and all the smelly balms too!
That’s because of the way the (nervous) system works.
Your brain is an incredibly powerful creator of chemicals which form the feelings we feel and is getting you into states of deep relaxation, subtle pleasant feelings and (sometimes odd or new) sensations coursing throughout you.
Yes, you heard that right. You’ll get the brain to work for you when you use this new approach and I’m including a coaching plan, for free.
Here’s What To Do Next
You can get the paperback version of the book on Amazon for $14.99.
Get the ebook version on Amazon for $5.99.
Get the downloadable book from us and a bonus free 3 part audio training for $7.99.
Oh, and in case you’re wondering…
THERE IS NO CATCH!
I realize this is very inexpensive … so you might wonder what the “catch” is.
I’m literally giving you this entire book, as a means of “putting my best foot forward” and demonstrating real value.
My hope is that you’ll love it and this will be a start for a lifelong journey of comfort you can count on as you age.
Time is Of the Essence
You don’t have to keep on living with what I call issues in the tissues.
Today, we know what the first thing to do is to relieve and reverse the cycle for good.
So why would I make this inexpensive offer?
Simple. My idea is that you’ll be very impressed with what I’m giving you today, and you’ll want to deepen your understanding and ability.
I’m betting you’ll enjoy the book and your personal experience so much, you’ll call and ask to take additional classes or training from me. Pretty straightforward.
So with that said, this is a limited offer.
You’re Also Getting Coaching from me, Free
You'll be able to contact me directly. And ask me anything to help you.
You’ll get a chance to feel for yourself how this works for you.
You’ll get to deep dive into it and fully immerse yourself in the experience.
And there’s no charge for asking my advice. I want you to have this as my gift for checking out the book.
Oh. And in case you’re wondering …
Of course, there is a money-back guarantee via Amazon or through our direct purchase.
In fact, I think it’s …
One of the Boldest Healthcare Guarantees in the World
I 100% Guarantee you’ll love the book or Amazon or I’ll return your $ too.
That’s right. You don’t have to send me anything back. Just email me or contact Amazon and we'll give you back your $ with no questions asked.
See if anyone else in health care is willing to do that. How that’s for fair?
This Is Truly A Limited Offer So Claim Your Copy Now Before They’re All Gone
“ A doctor gave me muscle relaxants and pain medication for a painful incident at work. Instead, I did a few movements I learned from Edward. And my pain was gone. I’m back to normal. It’s amazing. This works.”- Debbie Elliot, Registered Nurse
“The old, traditional approach of stretch, stretch, stretch is sadly behind the times. The new frontiers of understanding brain plasticity is where it is at. New exciting insights can be controlled by the brain.”- Timothy Berger, BA, MA, RN, ATC. Professor of Sports Science, Muskingum University
Move Like an Animal on Amazon
Special Notice for Amazon Purchasers
Welcome to the Move Like an Animal: Feel Comfortable, Be Flexible, Move Well for Life in 3 Simple Steps website. This site contains all the information you need to buy, review, and use Move Like an Animal so you can remain comfortable for life.
Back in the 80's & 90's Edward was living with fibromyalgia which is chronic body wide pain. He knew there "has to be a way out".
After trying scores of both medical and alternative treatments, he learned how could be pain free after learning about a system of exercises which corrected compensations.
Unfortunately, he also tore his knee meniscus later on and was able to avoid surgery when he his world view of exercise turned completely upside down.
He learned that healthy animals never stretch. This challenged what he knew. He discovered in fact; contrary to popular belief, animals are doing something else and this "animal secret" may be the ticket to allowing us to move comfortably for life.
Move Like an Animal is full of simple movement patterns known as somatics exercises where you use your brain and body and get back to feelings of pleasure, relaxation and extraordinary comfort. If you're looking for a natural method which restores your birthright to move well and feel comfortable for life, Move Like an Animal is for you.
Edward Barrera is the author of Move Like an Animal: Feel Comfortable, Be Flexible, Move Well for Life in 3 Simple Steps.
He is a nationally certified Hanna Somatic Educator, H.S.E. where he has been helping people overcome chronic pain, stiffness, tension and stress for over 20 years.
This book really surprised me. I thought that it might have some complicated excercises, but it was refreshingly simple and helpful. I tried it and it was amazing. I have used an exercise similar to this in my morning crunches, but did not have nearly this effect. It helped me relax so well that the first time I tried it, I felt my lower back start popping as my muscles relaxed. I was not even trying to do that. I am going to make this a regular part of my day. Pictures are very helpful when learning a new exercise and these really made it plain. The title, Move Like An Animal, really does make sense to me now. I want to be able to move like that from now on.- Cyntia Carr, Amazon Verified Purchase
As a therapist for 17 years I have worked with thousands of people to help them reduce their pain, increase their range, and restore strength. This is written with the lay person in mind but it is helping me find solutions along with the many techniques I use as an Occupational Therapist and Registered Functional Therapist. There are many techniques that therapists draw on to help patients heal. This is an excellent system to add to those. The exercises are very easy and you often will have instant improvement. I think it may take you in new directions as you return to your fully functional life.
I used the technique on myself to recover from a strained hamstring and I've used it with many patients with body and limb pain.- E. Kaine, Occupational Therapist and Registered Functional Therapist
This book 'Move Like An Animal' has been a Godsend for me, I am using it for my Fibromyalgia symptoms. The author Ed Barrera has put together a very easy to follow presentation that has illustrated for me how to simply and effectively use somatic exercises to regain my natural vitality and to return to a level of mobility I had not seen for years. I regard this book as revolutionary, it has showed me how so many of my symptoms that I believed I must just learn to live with such as backache, stiff muscles, chronic pain, fatigue etc, are not just simply inevitable. So much of my suffering has now been eased and a lot of it eradicated simply by me learning how to have the conscious control over my nerves and muscles just as Ed in his book is advocating. With only a few minutes everyday doing the exercises from this book I have been able to rekindle the movement, vitality and comfort of my youth. I have already recommended this book to most of my friends and will continue to do so.- Joanne, Using this for Fibromyalgia
Buy the EBook or Paperback
AVAILABLE ON MOST ALL ELECTRONIC DEVICES AND APPLICATIONS or NOW IN PAPERBACK